How to survive in a Star Trek episode
Posted on 19 February, 2009 at 1:50pm
We all know where this is going.
Try your best to avoid being stuck in:
- A turbolift.
- A transporter pattern.
- A static warp bubble.
- The holodeck.
- An infinite loop.
- The 19th century.
Never be any of the following people:
- The good friend of a bridge officer, who no one has ever seen before, and who appears at the beginning of the episode.
- The love interest of: James T. Kirk, Julian Bashir, William T. Riker, or Lwaxana Troi.
- A spunky young ensign who is trying to prove him/herself.
- Any member of the crew of the original Enterprise appearing on a series other than their own.
- A member of any opposing force with redeeming characteristics or sympathetic qualities who opens up to a Starfleet officer.
- An enemy defector with heartfelt emotional allegiance to his/her race or government.
- Any android other than Data.
- The only member of the away team who is not a bridge officer.
- Tasha Yar.